Thursday, July 7, 2011

CHRISTINAAAAAA (Toy Review)



So I finally got around to unboxing my figma Kurisu and fiddling with her. Her articulation is about the standard for a figma-good. The only thing blocking any of her range of motion is her brown jacket, though I'm not totally sure figma hip joints swing that wide anyways. As with any long-haired figma, her neck articulation is hindered a bit due to the hair getting blocked. She has the standard assortment of figma hands, along with a phone and a bottle of Dr Pepper, both attached to the hands holding them. She comes with three faces, a neutral face, a winking face, and a yelling face. Between the three she has a pretty good set of posing capabilities.

The notable difference from most figmas is the crossed arms, which is actually two pieces that stick together. Getting her regular arms off the joints was a bit of a struggle, and I was worried about accidentally yanking the shoulder joints out of their sockets, but they seem to be attached by some kind of balljoint that doesn't pop out as easily as the sliding part does, once they're on and clicked together however, they look great. Her stand is somewhat difficult to get in the peghole in her back, which is somewhat annoying since her feet are kinda small making her hard to get to stand unassisted(Though it isn't impossible by any means). I ended up just propping the stand between her back and her coat, it was easier than trying to wedge it into her back. One of my friends says the red color of the tie rubbed off on her shirt a bit, but I have yet to have that problem. Overall, a very good figma, though my opinion my be skewed by my enjoyment of Steins;gate. Now, ON WITH THE PICTURES.



The world's deadliest weapon combo, a totally-not-a-lightsaber and a bottle of Dr. Pepper



Yeah, I'd be protective of my drinks too.


"What the fuck is this shit"


The Arms crossed piece makes for some great smugness


They're also good for when she's pissed off.


I think she wants her arms back. Though I suppose disarmed Kurisu is moe in her own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment